Seamless Order Processing & Multi-Warehouse Inventory Management for Improved Efficiency
OMX provides an end-to-end order management solution that manages all aspects of the order lifecycle and ensures seamless control of customer orders, from order receipt to financial settlement. Our OMX order management system features:
- Distributed order management (DOM). Fulfill captured orders from the best of multiple inventory locations to achieve optimal operational efficiency and customer satisfaction including cross channel self-service capabilities.
- Comprehensive order processing: Multichannel, enterprise scalable order processing – up to 200,000 orders processed daily.
- Consolidated data. OMX acts as central data hub, using dozens of documented APIs to connect previously incompatible systems and integrate their data into a single database.
- Cost reduction. Automated backorder and refund management reduces operational costs and revenue loss.
- Demand analysis. Predict return and cancel trends by product to maintain cross channel inventory reserve levels.
- Data security. OMX is a Certified PCI Level One Service Provider and undergoes strict annual PCI audits to ensure customer data security using industry best practices and tokenization technology to further reduce fraud risk.
Order Management in OMX
While there are many features within OMX, all of them revolve around the order, which drives the following:
- Creation of suppliers
- Creation of items to sell
- Managing inventory
- Creation and maintenance of customers
- Configuring ways of accepting payment for orders
Every order in OMX has a status, enabling you at any time to see the current state of orders across your business. The Order Status report provides a view of real-time status for all of the orders captured, including orders that are Shipped, Returned, Cancelled and Auto-Cancelled, etc. within the last 30 days. This report provides links to order and customer details for quick adjustments, and enables you to review the various statuses in your business and make adjustments to improve your revenue.
Inventory and Warehouse Management in OMX
An essential part of any order management system is the ability to closely monitor and respond to inventory levels as they fluctuate with the demands of your business. This is particularly critical if you are engaged in any type of continuity / auto-ship replenishment programs. You can track item demand daily or hourly for any type of program directly in OMX and match the demand rates to your purchase order process.
OMX's Inventory and Warehouse Management capabilities include:
- High throughput management. Easily manage high throughput systems with ad hoc scheduling and file configuration capabilities to synchronize with your warehouse processes.
- Drop ship flexibility. Managing multiple drop shippers is not a problem in OMX – easily handle personalized, made-to-order products and digital downloads.
- Locate and replenish inventory. Manage replenishment of inventory for use with cart-bin selection and optimized inventory location for multi-warehouse management.
- Ease of integration. OMX easily integrates with your warehouse and with all major warehouse management systems (WMS). Learn more about APIs and integration